All this week (Mon 8th – Sat 13th Feb) I will be hosting #dlchat Twitter #slowchat.
For those new to the concept, slow chats are just like normal edu chats except that they usually takes place from Monday through to Saturday - Usually only one question per day is asked during a slow chat and teachers can jump in whenever they want. - "Slow chats give you a chance to think, reflect and share." - Julie Szaj (@shyj)
How it works:
To find out more about slow chats, check out this great post courtesy of #slowchatED: https://slowchated.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/things-that-suck-twitterchats-how-to-fix-them/
The topic for this week’s #dlchat #slowchat is “Digital Leader Myths”. Below are the questions:
Mon 8th Feb
1. Dispel this myth: I can’t run a Digital Leader programme in my school because I don’t have the time.
Tue 9th Feb
2. Dispel this myth: Digital Leaders are just unpaid glorified Teaching Assistants.
Wed 10th Feb
3. Dispel this myth: I don’t see the point of running a Digital Leader programme in my school because my students are too young.
Thu 11th Feb
4. Dispel this myth: Digital Leaders is only for geeks.
Fri 12th Feb
5. Dispel this myth: I don’t need a Digital Leader programme because all our staff are IT literate.
Sat 13th Feb
6. Dispel this myth: I can't run a Digital Leader programme because I don't have the skills, the kids already know more than me. – Huge thanks to @DebHoggoz for suggesting this question.