On Wednesday, I had the privilege of delivering a #TouchDevelop workshop at Pedmore Technology College. During the session, staff and students explored how to use the in-built turtle library in #TouchDevelop as well as how to create amazing 8-bit graphics using the Pixel Art library. At the end of the session, students had a go at creating their very first game using the hour of code tutorials on the #TouchDevelop website.
An amazing time was had by all and the students were a credit to both the school and their teacher.
Below is a selection of some of the students creations :
“I would like to thank you for coming to my school and delivering a session on Touch Develop. Students were clearly engaged, produced some super quality work. Thank you leaving some resources which I will be using with my KS3 classes till the end of the term. I will also be using Touch Develop in my Pedmore Jam (Computing Festival) tomorrow. Once again, thanks a lot on by behalf and students for a great session.” – Mr. Hanif, Pedmore Technology College
It gives me great pleasure to be co-hosting #TweachCode next Monday (22nd July) at 8pm. This week's chat will focus on Raspberry Pi accessories. During the session I will be exploring how to get the best out of your Raspberry Pi accessories as well as which are the must have accessories for your Pi!
1. What are your top 3 recommended / essential accessories for the Raspberry Pi. You can pick only 3 - no cheating!
2. Thinking of your answer to Q1, what are the benefits of these accessories & in what way, if any, do they enhance teaching & learning?
3. What are the barriers/implications of using these accessories with a whole class? What tips/advice do you have?
4. With so many accessories on the market, how do you know which ones to buy?
5. What are your favourite projects / tutorials that require accessories for the Raspberry Pi? Shameless plugs welcome!
6. If you could crowd source funding for a new accessory for the Raspberry Pi, something that does not already exist, what would it be?
Please join me (@clcsimon) at 8pm using the hashtag #TweachCode
Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert / MIE Trainer
Minecraft Cert. Educator / Global Mentor
CAS Master Teacher
Raspberry Pi Cert. Educator
All Algorithms Cpu Fundamentals Hardware Input & Output Memory OCR A451 Software Storage